Airborne Dance Presents its 24th
Beginning in February, dancers will start learning a dance which they then perform in full costume & stage make-up, on stage in a “professional” atmosphere. The theme of our recital this year is…We’ve Got Magic! We’ll be sharing the magic of dance with you to celebrate our students’ achievements!
Important upcoming dates!
Recital Agreement Due – Thursday, January 24th
Recital Costume Fee Due – Friday, January 25th
Enrollment for Recital Closes – Saturday, February 9th
Recital Picture Day – Saturday, May 18th at Airborne Longmont
Theater Dress Rehearsal – Friday, May 31st at Vance Brand Auditorium
Recital Day – Saturday, June 1st at Vance Brand Auditorium
Recital Costume Fee: The recital costume fee includes costumes and tights where applicable. This fee is billed to your Airborne account upon completing your Recital Commitment Agreement. The recital costume fee is non-refundable.
$65.00 per class: DancingBees, Mini Hop & Dance Fun(damentals) (Includes tights if needed)
$65.00 per class: Level 1-5 Classes in Modern, Tap & Jazz + Advanced Contemporary Choreography, Improvisation/Composition, Musical Theater and Hip-Hop (Includes tights if needed. You might be required to supply a basic piece of apparel, such as black leggings.)
$75.00 per class: All Ballet classes, Levels 1-5 (includes tights)
- Dancers who are in multiple classes will require a recital costume fee for each class.
- Pictures of the costumes will be posted on our Facebook and Instagram feeds before Spring Break.
- Costumes will be handed out in class approximately 2 weeks prior to the show.
- Costumes are not custom made to fit. Some altering of the costume may be required. Directions for alterations needed, hairstyles, and makeup will come home with the costume.
Recital Commitment Agreement is Due January 24th, Enrollment for the recital closes February 9th
- Every dancer needs to have a recital agreement filled out.
- On this form, you will let us know your shirt size and tight size, as well as any dances you might be opting out of.
Dress Rehearsal: (Friday, May 31st) The dress rehearsal is an opportunity for your dancer to practice their dance on stage in full costume and makeup, and become familiar with the stage and their placement on it before they are asked to perform. The dress rehearsal is very important and mandatory for all dancers. If your dancer misses the dress rehearsal, they will not be allowed to perform at the recital.
- To view the dress rehearsal schedule: Coming in April
- This schedule shows the specific times that your dancer will have to be at the rehearsal for their dance as well as the finale rehearsal times.
Recital Shows: (Saturday, June 1st) All classes will participate in one recital show. We anticipate having 2 shows this year, however we do not know for certain which show your dancer will be in. All show times are to be determined. If your dancer is in multiple classes we try to keep all of their classes in the same show, but this cannot be guaranteed, as we do not have the final numbers for enrollment until the end of January at which time we start putting the shows together. The dress rehearsal schedule going home with dancers in early April will have the specific show your dancer is participating in and the check-in times for that particular show.
- To view recital day information: Coming in April
All classes will participate in the recital with the exception of: Adult Tap, Advanced Leaps & Turns, Dancenastics, Ankle Strength, Tumbling for Dancers & Barre Technique.
Dancers that are opting out should not plan to attend class during the month of May. All students will be asked to complete a Recital Commitment Agreement to ensure their spot. Please Note: If you choose to opt out, it may not be possible to opt in at a later date, due to costume availability. If it is possible to opt in at a later date, there may be extra shipping fees due.
T-Shirts: Every dancer receives a commemorative recital t-shirt. The shirt has the recital logo on the front and a list of performers names on the back. Not only do these shirts make a nice keepsake for all our budding stars, but everyone will wear this shirt in the finale dance at the recital. The recital T-shirts are being handed out in classes the week of April 9th along with the recital information handouts. size of shirt your dancer will want on the acknowledgement waiver at the end of this packet. If you are unsure of size please stop by the front desk for help.
Tickets: All dancers participating in the recital will still receive two tickets to the recital. Additional tickets will be $12 in advance and $15 at the door. Tickets will be available for purchase beginning May 1st. Seating is general admission and ALL tickets are non-refundable. Your dancer does not need a ticket. All spectators, ages 2+, will need a ticket to get in.
Awards: Every dancer participating in the recital will receive an award for the number of Airborne recitals they have participated in. Only dancers on stage at the awards presentation will receive their awards. It is common courtesy to stay and support all of your fellow dancers for a job well done.
Recital Pictures: We will be holding a photo day on Saturday May 18th, times TBD . Each class will be assigned a time to come to Airborne to have their group picture taken by a professional photographer.
- To view the recital picture schedule: Coming in April
- VIDEOTAPING: Our Dance Team Booster Club hires a professional videographer to record the recital. DVDs of the show can be purchased through the Dance Company SOS. Airborne does not receive any profit from these DVDs.
***** REMEMBER *****
- Attendance in class is EXTREMELY important. Please make every effort to be in your class each day, on time, and prepared to dance. When everyone is in class, on time, class time is better spent. Practice of the recital piece goes much smoother, when all dancers are present.