Airborne Dance Presents its 23rd Annual Recital
Our Annual Recital is fast approaching and all of our dancers are learning their recital pieces and preparing to put on an awesome show! Dancers work throughout the year on not only technique in their class, but they are learning a dance which they then perform in full costume and stage make-up, on stage in a “professional” atmosphere. In addition to their class dance, ALL dancers will participate in the show finale!
Important upcoming dates!
Recital Picture Day – Saturday, May 19th
Theater Dress Rehearsal – Friday, June 1st
Recital Day – Saturday, June 2nd
Recital Pictures: Professional portrait photography is being provided by Stevie Rhiannon Photography. Samples of her work can be seen in the lobby recital posters from last years show. We will be holding a photo day on Saturday May 19th. Each class will be assigned a time to come to Airborne to have their group picture taken. This will eliminate the need to take group pictures at the dress rehearsal. Individual pictures will be available as well. Orders and payment for pictures are made directly to the photographer. Information regarding prices and how to order will be provided at a later date.
- To view the recital picture schedule: 2018 Recital Picture Schedule for May 19th
Dress Rehearsal: (Friday, June 1st) The dress rehearsal is an opportunity for your dancer to practice their dance on stage in full costume and makeup, and become familiar with the stage and their placement on it before they are asked to perform. The dress rehearsal is very important and mandatory for all dancers. If your dancer misses the dress rehearsal, they will not be allowed to perform at the recital.
- To view the dress rehearsal schedule: 2018 Dress Rehearsal Schedule for June 1st
- This schedule shows the specific times that your dancer will have to be at the rehearsal for their dance as well as the finale rehearsal times.
Recital Shows: (Saturday, June 2nd) All classes will participate in one recital show. We are having two shows again this year, 1:00 and 4:30. Classes will dance in one show. If your dancer is in multiple classes we try to keep all of their classes in the same show, but this cannot be guaranteed. The dress rehearsal schedule going home with dancers in early April will have the specific show your dancer is participating in and the check-in times for that particular show.
- To view recital day information: 2018 Recital Information for June 2nd
T-Shirts: Every dancer receives a commemorative recital t-shirt. The shirt has the recital logo on the front and a list of performers names on the back. Not only do these shirts make a nice keepsake for all our budding stars, but everyone will wear this shirt in the finale dance at the recital. The recital T-shirts are being handed out in classes the week of April 9th along with the recital information handouts. size of shirt your dancer will want on the acknowledgement waiver at the end of this packet. If you are unsure of size please stop by the front desk for help.
Tickets: All dancers participating in the recital will still receive two free tickets to the recital. Additional tickets will be $10 per person regardless of age and will be available for purchase beginning May 1st. Seating is general admission and ALL tickets are non-refundable. Tickets are not required for your dancer. After all, they are the stars of the show. Only the guest coming to see the stars will need a ticket to get in. Tickets will be available starting the week of May 7th.
- At the end of each show we present a few individual awards to recognize larger accomplishments such as 10 years in the program and our Honor Society inductees.
- All dancers get a participation award each year! Award levels are printed in the back of the program. Dance families can pick up their awards at the awards table in the front lobby after their show.
- If you accidentally leave your dancer’s award at the table after the shows, it will be available for pick up at Airborne Longmont the following week.
- Please Note: Dancers must perform in the recital in order to receive their award.
Costumes: Costumes will be handed out in classes later in May. Please Note: Costumes are not custom made to fit. Some altering of the costume may be required. Directions for alterations needed, hairstyles, and makeup will come home with the costume.
- VIDEOTAPING: We recommend no personal videotaping during the performances. This can be distracting for our dancers, and especially for the audience around you. We want the audience to be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy the performances. For this reason, a professional videographer is hired to tape the recital. DVDs of the show can be purchased through Dance Team SOS, our Dance Team’s booster club. This is a fundraiser for the Dance Team and Airborne does not receive any profit from these DVDs. Videotaping is allowed during the dress rehearsal. If you choose to videotape during the recital you will be asked to adhere to the Airborne Performance Video Policy. Copies of this policy will be handed out with information regarding the cost and how to order videos at a later date.
***** REMEMBER *****
- Attendance in class is EXTREMELY important. Please make every effort to be in your class each day, on time, and prepared to dance. When everyone is in class, on time, class time is better spent. Practice of the recital piece goes much smoother, when all dancers are present.
- Remember your T-shirt for the recital! Think of it as another costume.