Airborne Dance’s 23rd Annual Recital Information
Vance Brand Auditorium at Skyline High School
All dancers currently enrolled in an Airborne DanceBuilder or DanceStars class as of January 27th are required to participate in our annual recital. Dancers work through out the year on not only technique in there class, but beginning in February they will also be learning a dance which they then perform in full costume and stage make-up, on stage in a “professional” atmosphere. In addition to their class dance, ALL dancers will participate in the show finale.
Please mark the following dates on your calendars now…
Recital Picture Day – Saturday, May 19th
Theater Dress Rehearsal – Friday, June 1st
Recital Day – Saturday, June 2nd
Dress Rehearsal: (Friday, June 1st) The dress rehearsal is an opportunity for your dancer to practice their dance on stage in full costume and makeup, and become familiar with the stage and their placement on it before they are asked to perform. The dress rehearsal is very important and mandatory for all dancers. If your dancer misses the dress rehearsal, they will not be allowed to perform at the recital. In early April you will receive a dress rehearsal schedule, which will have the specific time slot your dancer will have to be at the rehearsal. This schedule will also have the specific times for check-in, show times, etc.
Recital Show/s: (Saturday, June 2nd) All classes will participate in one recital show. We anticipate having 3 shows again this year, however we do not know for certain which show your dancer will be in. We will have a short younger kid show early in the day and both a Matinee show and an Evening show, all times are to be determined. Classes will dance in one show. If your dancer is in multiple classes we try to keep all of their classes in the same show, but this cannot be guaranteed, as we do not have the final numbers for enrollment until the end of January at which time we start putting the shows together. The dress rehearsal schedule going home with dancers in early April will have the specific show your dancer is participating in and the check-in times for that particular show.
What does the recital cost?
Your monthly tuition covers the following cost: auditorium rental, t-shirt, awards, and 2 tickets. The only additional required fee to participate is the Recital Costume Fee, which is due no later than January 27, 2018. This fee will automatically be added to your February billing statement and will automatically run with the February tuition on January 25, 2018. The recital costume fee includes one costume and one pair of tights. Anyone enrolling between the 25th and 27th will have to pay their recital fee at the time of registration. The recital costume fee is refundable up to the time we close enrollment for recital based classes on January 27th. Once this date has passed this fee becomes non-refundable. The recital fee is per class not per dancer, therefore, dancers who are in multiple recital based classes will require a recital costume fee for each class.
DanceBuilders Classes: $75.00 to be paid no later than January 27th
DanceStars Classes: $90.00 to be paid no later than January 27th
- T-Shirts: Every dancer receives a commemorative recital t-shirt. The shirt has the recital logo on the front and a list of performers names on the back. Not only do these shirts make a nice keepsake for all our budding stars, but everyone will wear this shirt in the finale dance at the recital. Please make sure to mark the size of shirt your dancer will want on the acknowledgement waiver at the end of this packet. If you are unsure of size please stop by the front desk for help.
- Tickets: All dancers participating in the recital will still receive two free tickets to the recital. Additional tickets will be $10 per person regardless of age and will be available for purchase beginning May 1st. Seating is general admission and ALL tickets are non-refundable. Tickets are not required for your dancer. After all, they are the stars of the show. Only the guest coming to see the stars will need a ticket to get in.
- Awards: Every dancer participating in the recital will receive an award for the number of recitals they have participated in. Only dancers on stage at the awards presentation will receive their awards. It is common courtesy to stay and support all of your fellow dancers for a job well done. If you choose to leave before awards you will not receive your award.
- Enrollment for all recital based dance classes closes January 27th.
Please Note: Costumes are not custom made to fit. Some altering of the costume may be required. Directions for alterations needed, hairstyles, and makeup will come home with the costume.
- VIDEOTAPING: We recommend no personal videotaping during the performances. This can be distracting for our dancers, and especially for the audience around you. We want the audience to be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy the performances. For this reason, a professional videographer is hired to tape the recital. DVDs of the show can be purchased through Dance Team SOS, our Dance Team’s booster club. This is a fundraiser for the Dance Team and Airborne does not receive any profit from these DVDs. Videotaping is allowed during the dress rehearsal. If you choose to videotape during the recital you will be asked to adhere to the Airborne Performance Video Policy. Copies of this policy will be handed out with information regarding the cost and how to order videos at a later date.
- PICTURES: Professional portrait photography is being provided by Stevie Rhiannon Photography. Samples of her work can be seen in the lobby recital posters from last years show. We will be holding a photo day on Saturday May 19th, times TBD. Each class will be assigned a time to come to Airborne to have their group picture taken. This will eliminate the need to take group pictures at the dress rehearsal. Individual pictures will be available as well. Orders and payment for pictures are made directly to the photographer. Information regarding prices and how to order will be provided at a later date.
***** REMEMBER *****
Attendance in class is EXTREMELY important. Please make every effort to be in your class each day, on time, and prepared to dance. When everyone is in class, on time, class time is better spent. Practice of the recital piece goes much smoother, when all dancers are present.
If your dancer is unable to participate in the recital please see the front desk for options!
Please fill out the required information for your recital agreement. All dancer’s must have an agreement on file by January 27th or they will have to withdraw from the class.